Re: [Orgmode] LaTeX table export issue

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] LaTeX table export issue
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:36:08 +0200

Hi Bart,

thanks for the detailed description, this is now fixed (not in a nice way, but fixed anyway ...)

- Carsten

On Jul 22, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Bart Bunting wrote:

Hi all,

I have found what is possibly a bug in the LaTeX export in org-mode but
I'm not totally sure.

I am no LaTeX expert, in fact I know very little about it. I have used
a process of ilimination to try and produce the simplest case I can to
demonstrate the issue.

What happens is that if I have a table at the top of my document before
a heading line and use the  #+ATTR_LaTeX: setting it appears that the
settings used in that #+ATTR_LaTeX: line are then used for all
subsequent tables and other #+ATTR_LaTeX: lines are ignored.

If I add a heading line before the first #+ATTR_LaTeX: line then each
table works as expected.

To demonstrate the issue I have created the small org-mode file below.

Steps to reproduce:

- copy the below text into a .org file.
- remove the "Section One" heading.
- export to pdf.

You will see that the second table inherits the settings from the first.

Next:
- Put the "Section One" heading back.
- Export to pdf again.

You will see that now each table has it's own correct settings.

I hope this makes sense to someone :)

Regards

Bart

--- Sample org file ---

* Section One
#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=|p{50mm}|p{50mm}|
|---+------------------+--------------------------|
|   | Reference   | 333 |
|   | Document Name:   | wibble           |

* Section Two

#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=|p{50mm}|p{40mm}|p{30mm}|
| Plan          | Contention | Monthly   |
| 512/256Kbps   |       16:1 | $565.00   |