Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:10:45 +0200

On Aug 16, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Martin Pohlack wrote:

Hi Carsten,

[...]

The internal logic of the filter and the preset filter is such that
it applies to the entire view, and you should not set in the local
options for a command that is part of a block agenda view.

Well, it is already partly there in that local filters are stored in
text properties for each line.  Maybe we can extend this a bit to
remove
this limitation?

I think this will be tidious.

Yes, I saw this on my first attempts to look at the code :-). I have not yet given up on this though ...

For block agendas, I guess a skip
condition will be better than filtering.

This does not help with inherited tags, AFAIK. For example, if I mark a whole tree of things with :maybe:, the inheriting items in the tree cannot easily be skipped.

Easily yes, cheaply no.

You can call `org-get-tags-at' to get either only
local tags or both local and inherited tags.

Also, when an item is listed in the agenda, it has a text
property mentioning all tags.  You can also write your own hook function
to run through the agenda and remove certain lines (just delete them)
based on the text properties each item has.

- Carsten