Re: [Orgmode] Re: keys and command name info

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: keys and command name info
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:44:04 +0200

Here is my proposal for now:

@macro orgcmd{key,command}
@kindex \key\
@findex \command\
@item \key\ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @r{(address@hidden)}
@end macro

And then define keys/commands like this:

@table @kbd
@address@hidden, org-cycle}
Here follows the description of the command
@end table

- Carsten

[ ... ]

Hi Carsten,

attached a sreenshot, how it comes out for C-c C-b.
Doesn't look ok for me, as back-tick and quote are uncommon that way.

Hi Andreas, you are correct, this does not look right.
Seems like we will have to make the table ins @asis and
then have the macro apply the formatting. Sigh... :)

If you do insert all the macro calls with the command names, I will take
care of the formatting.

- Carsten

Hi,

will do that.

Let us check nonetheless a working example first.

While trying to  put @asis at the right place, I get error messages
and it refuses to compile.

Could you re-write the example for me?

Sorry being that stupid :-)

Andreas

I mean it like this:

@macro orgcmd{key,command}
@kindex \key\
@findex \command\
@item @kbd{\key\} @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ (@code{\command}\)

@table @asis
@orgcmd{C-c C-x @key{TAB}, org-cycle}
Here follows the description of the command
@end table

BTW used macro form from first proposal, @asis entry from second.
Second macro form was not visible (maybe due typo backslash "}\)" ?)