Re: [Orgmode] items not disappearing from agenda once marked done

From: Gert van Oss
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] items not disappearing from agenda once marked done
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:39:33 +0200

On 19 aug 2010, at 09:04, Jan Böcker wrote:

> On 08/19/2010 07:55 AM, Gert van Oss wrote:
>> dear list,
>>
>> I know this is in the FAQ-[1] but I can't get it working. I've started
>> with a new setup not edited by hand. Can someone point me in the right
>> direction to get this working when I do: C-c-a?
>>
>> (custom-set-variables
>> ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
>> ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
>> ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
>> ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
>> '(org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
>> '(org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
>> '(org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)
>> '(org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)
>> '(org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>> '(org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date t))
>>
>> Thanks for any reply,
>> Gert
>>

>> 1- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#scheduled-vs-deadline-vs-timestamp
>>

> Hi Gert,
>
> I just did a test with org-skip-scheduled-if-done here. I set it to t,
> scheduled a TODO item for today, then marked that DONE from the agenda.
> It disappeared as soon as I pressed 'r' to rebuild the agenda view.
>

> I think that is the intended behaviour, because rebuilding the agenda
> can be a slow operation.
>
> Please give us a small example of what exactly does not work for you:
> describe what you do, what happens, and what you expect to happen
> instead. The version of Org-mode you are using would also be useful to
> know (M-x org-version), in case you have hit a bug. That would greatly
> help us help you!
>
> -- Jan

hi list, Jan,

Thanks for your replay. Don't think I did hit a bug but that it is that I
expect something to happen without creating the right settings.
I'm using Org-mode version 6.33x

I'd assumed that if I create a todo with the setup mentioned above.

Shift-Alt "text of my todo", then C-c C-t to mark it TODO and then C-c C-s to
schedule it on today

I check whether the TODO is listed in the agenda with C-c-a.
This is the case. Following step is to 'select' the TODO and change it status
to DONE with C-c C-t.
If I then check the agenda with C-c-a it still shows in the agenda (as DONE),
though I expected the heading not to show up in the agenda because of

>> '(org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
>> '(org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
>> '(org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)
>> '(org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)

I thought as well that properties of the heading would change somehow but
nothing happens. Curious to learn what to change in my settings.
Thanks,
Gert