Re: [Orgmode] "{" in Latex fragments

From: Christian Wittern
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] "{" in Latex fragments
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:06:46 +0900

Christian Wittern, on the road

On Aug 25, 2010, at 17:39, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

hello  [\J ウ ] or: (\J ウ)

[] and () are not escaped

cheers,
Giovanni

I think because the {}'s define a scope in latex and so the \J only
affects text surrounded by the {}.

Exactly.

For Christian, what about "\J{ text }" instead as org is careful to
let this type of construct go through unchanged, if I understand
correctly.  This does depend on how you have defined J but possibly a
slight redefinition would work (\newcommand{\J}[1]{.... #1}).

I had tried this first, but somehow the font was not switched back.  But now, looking at your example, I think it might have been because of a missing space.  I will give it a try.

Thanks a lot,

Christian