Re: [Orgmode] a bit offtopic, fonts in exported PDF documents - oops

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] a bit offtopic, fonts in exported PDF documents - oops
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:46:25 -0500

Alan L Tyree wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:34:08 -0500
Erik Iverson <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can

1) reproduce what I'm seeing
2) help in understanding what's going on.

If I export an Org file to LaTeX, the resulting
.tex file contains the following in its header:
<SNIP>
Erik,
I just realised that I had added \usepackage{lmodern} to get the result
that I mentioned in my last post.

Without the lmodern package, the output still looks OK, but the fonts
are "No Name" Type 3 Embedded.

Great, that makes sense to me.  I noticed a significant loss of quality
with my type 3 fonts at 100% zoom.  They could have been different type
3 fonts, or different screen resolutions, document zoom, ... etc.