Re: [Orgmode] org-mode + pomodoro

From: A. Ryan Reynolds
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode + pomodoro
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:15:03 -0500

I do this using Org-Mode and a kitchen timer. I clock in when I wind
the timer, and clock out when it dings, instead of just marking with
X's. To record distractions I keep a scratch buffer in org-mode open,
although there may be a better way to capture distractions on the
urgent and unplanned list using remember mode to file them away into a
more organized system. I just haven't had time to read about it. I
like the fact that the urgent & unplanned items don't go anywhere
unless I decide to file them though, because it keeps my to-do list
cleaner that way. During my most distracted periods I tend to capture
a lot of stray to-do items of only marginal utility.

I'm not sure my personal workflow will work exactly right for anyone
but myself (and it's still a work in progress for me too!), but I'm
happy to answer any other questions you might have about it.
--
A. Ryan Reynolds