[Orgmode] Re: More structure on org-hacks.php

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: More structure on org-hacks.php
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:57:52 +0200

Hi Memnon,

are you going to implement these changes into org-hacks.org?

Cheers

- Carsten

On Aug 20, 2010, at 8:48 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Memnon,

thanks a lot!

- Carsten

On Aug 19, 2010, at 2:09 AM, Memnon Anon wrote:

I think the file would benefit from a bit more structure (some top- level
headings and the actually hacks as level two headings or so.

I had a look at what is there so far.

One way might be Toplevel-headlines like this:

1. Hacking Org: Modifying orgmode itself.
2. Hacking Org and Emacs: Modify how org interacts with other Emacs packages.
3. Hacking Org and external Programs.

[Imo no need for subcategories like 1.1: agenda, clock, etc. 2.1: gnus,
w3m, etc., yet.]

I regrouped the hacks under these categories and reshuffled the items a
bit to get related topics closer together.

Have a look at:

   http://memnon.sdf-eu.org/org-hacks.org.gz

[Changes made against the current version
address@hidden:~/tmp/Worg$ git log org-hacks.org
commit c7201682f9dc91b8aca4a78929d9398c1118e390]

However, I did not change any of the #+OPTIONS.

Result:

* Hacking Org: Modifying orgmode itself.
    o Compiling Org without make
    o Reload Org
    o Speed Commands
          + Show next/prev heading tidily
    o Easy customization of TODO colors
    o Changelog support for org headers
    o Remove redundant tags of headlines
    o Different org-cycle-level behavior
    o Add an effort estimate on the fly when clocking in
    o Customize the size of the frame for remember
    o Org table
          + Dates computation
          + Field coordinates in formulas (@# and $#)
    o Archive in a date tree
o Make it easier to set org-agenda-files from multiple directories
    o Restrict org-agenda-files by filetag
    o Split horizontally for agenda
    o Automatically add an appointment when clocking in a task
    o Highlight the agenda line under cursor
    o Remove time grid lines that are in an appointment
    o Group task list by a property
    o Dynamically adjust tag position
* Hacking Org and Emacs: Modify how org interacts with other Emacs packages.
    o org-remember-anything
    o Org-mode and saveplace.el
    o Using ido-completing-read to find attachments
    o Use idle timer for automatic agenda views
    o Link to Gnus messages by Message-Id
    o Send html messages and attachments with Wanderlust
          + Send HTML message
          + Attach HTML of region or subtree
          + Adopting for Gnus
* Hacking Org and external Programs.
    o Use Org-mode with Screen [Andrew Hyatt]
    o Org Agenda + Appt + Zenity
    o Org-Mode + gnome-osd
    o remind2org
    o Useful webjumps for conkeror
    o Use MathJax for HTML export without requiring JavaScript

Memnon

- Carsten

- Carsten