Re: [Orgmode] publishing to PDF

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] publishing to PDF
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:38:06 +0200

Erwin Panen <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Trying to make my first steps in publishing.
> I'm working on Mac, using Emacs 23.2.1 with Org-mode version 6.36trans.
>
> I seem to have various LaTeX stuff installed on my MacBook. I have to admit
> that
> I have no experience with LaTeX whatsoever. (TeXShop, LaTeXit, TeXWorks) So
> I'm
> not sure if my configuration if any is correct in this view.
>
> When I issue:
> C-c C-e p
> I get following message:
> -------------------------
> For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
> OVERVIEW
> CHILDREN
> SUBTREE
> Select command:
> Exporting to PDF...
> Exporting to LaTeX...
> Saving file /Users/erwin/git/org/Erhard.tex...
> Wrote /Users/erwin/git/org/Erhard.tex
> Saving file /Users/erwin/git/org/Erhard.tex...
> Wrote /Users/erwin/git/org/Erhard.tex
> LaTeX export done, pushed to kill ring and clipboard
> Processing LaTeX file...
> (Shell command failed with code 127 and some error output) [2 times]
> Processing LaTeX file...done
> org-export-as-pdf: PDF file was not produced

Hi Erwin,

not sure about MAC, but for most UNIX shells (i think), a return value
of 127 means "command not found".  It seems some LaTeX packages are
missing.

Most of us use the TexLive distribution, a collection of the most
commonly used LaTeX packages and binaries.

Are you able to execute the command `pdflatex' in a console?

  Sebastian