[Orgmode] Archiving

From: Russell Adams
Subject: [Orgmode] Archiving
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:46:37 -0500

I'm quite excited, I've just converted over to Capture from Remember,
and I love the new :empty-lines property!

That was always a pet peeve of mine, I always want at least one blank
line between content and the next header. :empty-lines works great for
that!

Now I've started evaluating archival again, because my files currently
grow endlessly. I noticed that there's no similar option for archive,
and that each archived item is immediately adjacent to the prior
without any buffering newlines.

Could we add a customization to pad newlines between archived items?

I locally patched my org-archive.el to insert two newlines when it
jumps to the end of file, but perhaps a more formal item will work
better later?

Thanks.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden