Re: [Orgmode] synctex!! ...syncorg?

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] synctex!! ...syncorg?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:30:18 +0200

2010/8/31 Rainer M Krug <address@hidden>:

> On 31/08/10 12:10, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just discovered synctex, which lets you shift-click a point in a pdf
>> in Okular and find yourself back in the tex-file at the point that
>> corresponds with that point in the pdf =D
>
> Now on Linux? That's great. I only knew that it worked on a mac. Could
> you (possibly off list?) provide some details (where I can find it (I am
> using Ubuntu), how I can use it, ...)

As I got several off-list questions about where to get synctex on
GNU/Linux, I might as well reply on-list ;-)

I'm running Arch Linux with TeX Live 2009.16776, and the only thing I
had to do to get synctex working was run pdflatex like this:

        pdflatex -synctex=1 foo.tex

You should also get the same effect by adding

        \synctex=1

to the preamble, or something like

        #+LaTeX_HEADER: \synctex=1

in your org-mode file. As for Ubuntu, if the TeX Live distribution
there is up-to-date (synctex was added in TeX Live 2008), I believe it
should work without any configuration necessary.

Note: if you were previously using the "pdfsync" package, you may have
to remove it from the preamble, also there was talk on the Ling-TeX
list of some programs not being able to handle file names with spaces
in them.

best regards,
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer