Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] some nasty bugs with PROPERTIES drawers

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] some nasty bugs with PROPERTIES drawers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:55:46 -0500

Paul Sexton wrote:
David Maus <dmaus <at> ictsoc.de> writes:
I cannot reproduce this wiht Org-mode version 7.01trans (pulled
yesterday) on GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.20.0) of 2010-08-14 on raven, modified by Debian

There is a documentation file, README.org, that accompanies org-drill.
It can be downloaded at:
http://bitbucket.org/eeeickythump/org-drill/src/tip/README.org

The quoted emacs lisp example occurs near the end of the file. As is, it
exports to HTML (C-c C-e h) successfully for me, but if I change BEGIN_EXAMPLE/END_EXAMPLE to BEGIN_SRC/END_SRC for that block, it reproduces the bug.

PS: I also realised that I was confused regarding how to get a syntax-
highlighted block of "example source code" into an org document, as
BEGIN_SRC appears to execute the code by default, which was not what
I wanted.
No, at least not for Elisp.  What is your assumption of Org mode
executing source blocks based on?

My assumption is based on reading the manual. I couldn't find clearly stated anywhere exactly what BEGIN_SRC blocks do by default during export, and there are ":eval never" and "eval query" headline option, implying that these are not the default behaviours. But perhaps I read it wrong.

See the :exports argument, the default is code only.

http://orgmode.org/org.html#exports