Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Impossible to have right bracket in footnotes [7.01tr

From: Aidan Gauland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Impossible to have right bracket in footnotes [7.01trans]
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:29:42 +1200

Alan L Tyree wrote:
> Disable footnotes like [2010], but keep footnotes like [fn:2010]
>
> The reason is that I write legal texts that have references to case law
> that look like: Marreco v Richardson [1908] 2 KB 584. The dates in
> square brackets are an essential part of the reference.

Perhaps it would be best to determine for what type of writing the current way
Org handles footnotes is lacking.  Is it just academic writing in general, of
mostly only certain fields?  Both Alan and I have needed to use a workaround
for legal writing (I'm a first-year student; don't know about Alan).  What
have other people had trouble footnoting/citing in Org?

--Aidan