[Orgmode] Re: Orgmode: exporter for taskjuggler

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Orgmode: exporter for taskjuggler
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:03:12 +0200

Markus Heller <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Christian,
>
> I'm very interested in using your taskjuggler export from orgmode.
> Unfortunately, I'm on a Windoze box, and getting TJ2 to work is a big
> pain ...  However, TJ3 is fairly straightforward, since it's Ruby, so
> I'm wondering, do you have any plans of including support for TJ3 as
> well?  I know it's still in alpha, but just asking :)

I myself use tj2, so the exporter is tested for that. Initially I had
thought that the exporter was also working for tj3 since the differences
in the syntax are supposedly very minor. But I've had reports by users
that the exporter generates code that doesn't work with tj3.

I just installed tj3 and tested it with a generated tjp file. There are
a number of problems: you need to replace all occurrences of "purge
allocations" with "purge allocate". Also you seem to be required to mark
all milestones explicitly (with "milestone"). Thirdly you need to
change the report definitions.

- The issue with purge allocate needs to be changed in the exporter
  code. For now you will have to search and replace as mentioned above.

- The milestone issue can be dealt with by assigning the milestone
  property to an item. It would be nicer if this just worked if an item
  doesn't have an effort property.

- The problems with reports can be solved by changing the report
  definition (via customize)

I'll have to work with the taskjuggler list to see if and what we can do
about these issues, if we can somehow ease the migration.

Hope that helps
Christian

--
Christian Egli