Re: [Orgmode] Todo item property search

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Todo item property search
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:02:39 +0200

On Sep 3, 2010, at 1:04 AM, Bastien wrote:

Chevalier Julien <address@hidden> writes:

How can i build a sparse tree of all my unscheduled todo items ?

,----
| (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
|       '(("u" todo "TODO"
|          ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date t)
|           (org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)))))
`----

Will show unscheduled TODO items as a TODO list.

AFAIU, org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options won't work for
todo-tree because they are only useful for todo and tags searches.

So I thought this would work:

,----
| (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
|       '(("u" todo-tree "TODO"
|          ((org-agenda-skip-function
|           (lambda ()
|             (if (not (org-entry-get nil "SCHEDULED"))
|                 (progn (outline-next-heading) (point)))))))))
`----

... but it doesn't (i.e. it doesn't create a sparse tree of TODO items
that don't have a SCHEDULED property.)

Hi Bastien, the todo tree does not use the tags scanner, so the
skipper is completely ignored here.

- Carsten