Re: [Orgmode] Backspacing into folded items

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Backspacing into folded items
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:13:13 +0200

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Andreas Röhler
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> posting forwarded herewith describes a design inconvenience, wich affects
> common hide-show- and outline-modes too.
>
> As too different solutions have been proposed, let me suggest
> "setting read-only property" rather than "use of a modification hook".
>
> Setting hidden text read-only should be more simple, straitforward - as
> presumably hiding some code had some reasons.

I recently filed a bug report about that hidden text in org-mode nodes
did not get visible when you start to edit them. It turned out I was
mistaken, I did not have reveal-mode on as I believed. However the
plan is to make reveal-mode default:

How would making the text read-only or add a modification hook
interact with the kind of problem reported in the bug above?