[Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] Speed keys

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] Speed keys
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 01:41:32 +0530

    >> Is it possible Speed Keys (Refer Org Manual - Sec. 15.3) for
    >> Babel blocks?
    >>

    Eric> Hi Jambunathan, That sounds like a good idea.  I suppose
    Eric> initially the speed keys should just mirror the babel key map?

Exactly.

As long as the cursor is on a #+begin_src (and/or #+end_src), one need
not bother about typing C-c C-v. So a keypress 'n' would do what C-c C-v
n would do.

More importantly emerging new sequences like, C-c C-v C-x TAB could be
composed as

1. Push a mark (C-SPC) [Optional]

2. Move to babel guard line using user preferred method [See my other
   post on the list]

3. C-x TAB

One of the problems with C-c C-v prefix is that I tend to forget it if I
revisit Babel say after a week's time. The reason is that I simply
couldn't contrive a convenient menemonic that would make me recollect
C-v. So jumping to the babel guard line and issuing the needed command
is a good fall back option. Not nit picking here :-).

Jambunathan K.