Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] Speed keys

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] Speed keys
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:48:12 +0200

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 10:13 PM, ggggJambunathan K
<address@hidden> wrote:

>    >> Is it possible Speed Keys (Refer Org Manual - Sec. 15.3) for
>    >> Babel blocks?
>    >>
>
>    Eric> Hi Jambunathan, That sounds like a good idea.  I suppose
>    Eric> initially the speed keys should just mirror the babel key map?
>
> Exactly.
>
> As long as the cursor is on a #+begin_src (and/or #+end_src), one need
> not bother about typing C-c C-v. So a keypress 'n' would do what C-c C-v
> n would do.
>
> More importantly emerging new sequences like, C-c C-v C-x TAB could be
> composed as
>
> 1. Push a mark (C-SPC) [Optional]
>
> 2. Move to babel guard line using user preferred method [See my other
>   post on the list]
>
> 3. C-x TAB
>
> One of the problems with C-c C-v prefix is that I tend to forget it if I
> revisit Babel say after a week's time. (Not nitpicking here!). The
> reason is that I simply couldn't contrive a convenient menemonic that
> would make me recollect C-v.

visit       (do something with the code snippets)
vault       (structures (arcs) in the tower of babel)
voodoo      (org-babel is dark magic)
vocabulary  (the words of the common language in the world of babel)
verb        (Org-babel defines code and value objects in a buffer.  The
            commands are the verbs which get the objects into action)
veins       (processing tubes in the babel fish)

vision      (make it visible)
vitalize    (bring dead code to life)
value       (like evaluate source code)
voice       (express meaning in any language)
valve       (open the valve to get results from source code or that
                connects different snippets)
vortex      (stir it all up!)
von Neumann (get that computing machine going)
vaseline    (lubricate that machine)
vaccinate   (get it used to foreign influences)
vector      (directed action)
Vegas       (let turn the wheels)
veil           (pull it down to unveil the beauty of the women of Babel)
velum       (the membrane around the cells of Babel)

:)

- Carsten

 So jumping to the babel guard line and