[Orgmode] Confused about mobileorg setup

From: Ning Bao
Subject: [Orgmode] Confused about mobileorg setup
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 01:05:13 -0700

What I want to achieve is that upload many (50+) org files to my iphone via dropbox. These org files are interlinked by file: links.

I am confused about how to set up MobileOrg.

Do I have to define the variable org-mobile-files in my .emacs, in order to sync all my org files?

Or, what I need to do is to create a index.org in my "org-directory" folder which contains file: links to all my org files?

Best regards,

Ning

On org-mode documentation:

B.2 Pushing to MobileOrg

This operation copies all files currently listed in org-mobile-files to the directory org-mobile-directory. By default this list contains all agenda files (as listed in org-agenda-files), but additional files can be included by customizing org-mobiles-files. File names will be staged with path relative to org-directory, so all files should be inside this directory.

On MobileOrg Documentation:

What files are transferred?

Your index.org file is fetched, then any files it links to are fetched, and so on. For example, in the following case, 4 .org files will be transferred: index.orgfirst.orgsecond.org and third.org. You may noticethird.org is linked to from two different places, but it is only downloaded once.

Contents of index.org:

* [[file:first.org][An Org file I like]]
* [[file:second.org][Another Org file I like]]
  This is a [[file:third.org][link]] in the body text.

Contents of first.org:

* Some text
* [[file:third.org][Link to third.org]]