[Orgmode] Re: Value of `ispell-dictionary-alist' reset by `org-agenda-li

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Value of `ispell-dictionary-alist' reset by `org-agenda-list'
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 22:57:45 +0200

Hi Noorul and everybody,

Noorul Islam wrote:
> 2010/9/3 Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>:
>> I still don't understand what's going on, but I've managed getting closer to
>> long experienced problem in my Emacs: while I set the value of
>> =ispell-dictionary-alist= in the beginning of my =.emacs= file, it is reset
>> when calling =org-agenda-list=.

(message "Value of `ispell-dictionary-alist' before `org-agenda-list'")
(edebug-print ispell-dictionary-alist)

(org-agenda-list)

(message "Value of `ispell-dictionary-alist' after `org-agenda-list'")
(edebug-print ispell-dictionary-alist)

(delete-other-windows)

>> Has anyone any idea on how to circumvent this?
>
> Since orgmode is using flyspell, looks like it is interfering with ispell.
>
> From flyspell.el
> (defun flyspell-mode-on ()
>   "Turn Flyspell mode on.  Do not use this; use `flyspell-mode' instead."
>   (ispell-set-spellchecker-params) ; Initialize variables and dicts alists
>   (setq ispell-highlight-face 'flyspell-incorrect)
>   ;; local dictionaries setup
>   (or ispell-local-dictionary ispell-dictionary
>       (if flyspell-default-dictionary
>           (ispell-change-dictionary flyspell-default-dictionary)))

Yes, but I don't understand why Org *would* (and did not write *does*, as it
still is not clear enough to me) setq the list of dictionaries...

Clearly a behavior to forbid!

Best regards,
  Seb

--