[Orgmode] Re: Select default clocking task by Bernt Hansen

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Select default clocking task by Bernt Hansen
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 19:28:43 -0400

Yevgeniy A. Viktorov <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've been reading http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html
> and a bit stack with http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#Clocking
>
> as far I understand Bernt has "* Organization"(first level) task in his
> norang.org
> and according to this:
>
>> The first punch-in of the day (f9 I) shows the context agenda view
>> if no default task is selected, otherwise it just clocks in the
>> default task.
>
> it must be shown in agenda, but it's not, I seeing empty agenda with the
> following:
> Set default clocking task with C-u C-u I
>
> And according to Custom Agenda Views setup
> http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#sec-6
>
>               ("c" "Select default clocking task" tags "LEVEL=2-REFILE"
>                ((org-agenda-skip-function
>                  '(org-agenda-skip-subtree-if 'notregexp "^\\*\\*
> Organization"))
>                 (org-agenda-overriding-header "Set default clocking task with
> C-u C-u I"))))))
>
> "Organization" task must be placed onto second level, i.e. it only
> works if I put "** Organization" somewhere. But than I'm loosing
> concept, thought default task must be set per organization/client
> file?
>
> Would be nice if someone could throw light on this :)
>
> Thanks.

Hi Yevgeniy,

I actually have 3 'Organization' tasks that I clock in -- all at
level 2.  These are in 3 different org files and are listed in my
org-agenda-files variable.

My current layout is like this:

,----[ todo.org ]
`----

,----[ org.org ]
`----

,----[ norang.org ]
| #+FILETAGS: NORANG
| * Administration                                                    :admin:
| ** Organization
`----

I used to have a first level * Organization task when I was clocking in
by ID but that set up has changed.  It's possible I still have
references to the old layout in the document that needs to be
updated.

Sorry about the confusion.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve the documentation to
make this more clear?

Regards,
Bernt