[Orgmode] Re: Version number via inline source in header of exported htm

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Version number via inline source in header of exported html and pdf? and Custom export name?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 13:19:52 +0200

On 08/09/10 13:04, Noorul Islam K M wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> two questions:
>>
>> 1) is it possible to add the result of an inline code snipet (in my case
>> the SVN revision number) into the title or subtitle of a document (as in
>> e.g. the org manual)?
>> At the moment, I am putting it into the first header, which works, but
>> is not so nice.
>>

> You can use svn propset to set svn:keywords for the files.

Thanks Noorul, but that is exactly what I want to avoid: in this case, I
have follow a sequence of commands and checkins and checkouts to get the
version number in - I would prefer to use some inlne code (e.g.
src_emacs-lisp[:exports results]{(vc-working-revision (or
(buffer-file-name) org-current-export-file))} ) to get the version info
automatically into the dociument when I export it.

Rainer

> For example add something like this into the org file.
>
> * This file is of revision $Rev$
>
> and then use the following command
>
> svn propset svn:keywords "Rev" orgfile.org
>
> then commit the file this will update the file with something like this
>
> * This file is of revision $Rev: 304 $
>
> Similarly you can include lots of SVN information. Check out.
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.advanced.props.special.keywords.html
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Noorul

- --