[Orgmode] Re: Mark and Tangle

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Mark and Tangle
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:57:35 -0400

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Let me explain what I mean by selective tangling (or any one of the
> other babel operations)

> I mark subtrees [1]. The nearest Org equivalent would be to create a
> sparse tree with say a tag match and consider the visible portions as
> selected or marked.

Hi Jambunathan,

Org-mode has an established mechanism for selective export, which uses
tags

http://orgmode.org/manual/Selective-export.html#Selective-export

I think this could be viewed as an Org version of "marking
subtrees". Perhaps selective tangling should be implemented in an
analogous fashion?  (so that it happens automatically, without requiring
obscure lisp forms in babel header args).

Dan