Re: [Orgmode] Adding entries to Google calendar

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Adding entries to Google calendar
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:34:46 -0400

Hi Erik et cal,

After having put it off for a ocuple of months finally trying to set this up.  I have both halves of Erik's code working now -- the ical2org that syncs from google, and the elisp wrapper on googlecl that syncs from org (see http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2010-07/msg00265.html and http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2010-07/msg00353.html).   I'm still having a couple of little workability issues, that I think people on this list have likely already solved, so if I may, briefly:

- as I understand it this system will only work with entries that have been added via "i" in a calendar-mode org agenda view.  When I try to add items this way I am never prompted for a time, only a date.  Am I missing something here?

- Sven says something about using org-remember to do the same work -- it's not clear to me whether you have that working, Sven.  In any case would it be difficult to use org-capture instead of the diary?  That would certainly be better for my workflow, since i'm not in my calendar view very often (htough i suppose if i'm making an appointment maybe i ought to be.

I really appreciate the help -- my time management is severely remedial and I really would like org-mode ot be the tool that fixes that for me.  Best,
Matt