[Orgmode] Re: Adding entries to Google calendar

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Adding entries to Google calendar
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:25:31 +0100

>     hi Matt,
>     Carsten accepted a patch of mine a while ago that allows you to do stuff
>     like the following from the agenda:
>
>     "i d RET 09:00-09:30 meeting with Joe"
>
>     and the time is extracted from the text you enter, if you set:
>
>     (setq org-agenda-insert-diary-extract-time t)
>
> this is super, stephen thank you.

Great.  I should make the docstring for that variable a bit more
informative, if it has n>1 user!

> for a real two-way sync to work with this method, I think we need access to
> uid's of google calendar events.  If I read the documentation properly, the
> underlying gdata-python library doesn't support uid queries.  So I filed an
> enhancement bug:
> http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/issues/detail?id=444&q=uid
> maybe someone with a better coding sense can improve it; in any case, we can
> all follow its progress at that url.

That's a good idea.

I was keen to see if I could upload my 'org.ics' file generated by org
mode using 'C-c C-e c' to google.  So effectively I just use google to
be a read-only version of my agenda.  That doesn't seem to be possible
either from what I read, but I thought I saw it was on a list of future
projects.

Stephen