[Orgmode] Re: [bug] Gnus author in capture templates not working

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [bug] Gnus author in capture templates not working
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 15:03:25 +0200

Hi David,

David Maus wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> I've tried enhancing my capture template for Gnus mail, by using the
>> =%:author= variable:
>
> AFAIK %:author is not a defined property Gnus links (Cf. Manual,
> 9.1.3.2 Template expansion).

Euh... I took it from the doc itself. See `C-h v org-capture-templates':

    [...]

    Apart from these general escapes, you can access information specific to
    the link type that is created. For example, calling `org-capture' in
    emails or gnus will record the author and the subject of the message,
    which you can access with "%:author" and "%:subject", respectively.
                               ^^^^^^^^

> You can use %:fromname to insert the name of the message author. The only
> problem is, that this property might be empty as well if the From: address
> does not include a real name.

That works. Thanks!

Best regards,
  Seb