[Orgmode] Re: org-reveal (gpg crypt) and auto saving

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-reveal (gpg crypt) and auto saving
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:59:10 +0800

On Fri, Sep 10 2010, Richard Riley wrote:

> I just opened an org file which has some CRYPT tagged items. When I
> org-reveal them (C-c C-r) they are properly decrypted and visible for a
> second or two but something is triggering a buffer save which then
> causes the "revealed item" to vanish back into gpg haze once more.
>
> What might be triggering this auto-save? I grepped my code for org-save
> but nothing came up.
>
> Anyone else using this please confirm it does or doesn't happen to
> you!

Well, this doesn't happen to me, but that's because I use
org-decrypt-entry (bound to C-c C-/ at my house) rather than org-reveal.
That goes entry by entry, and once they're decrypted, they stay
decrypted until I explicitly save the buffer. Maybe you could try that?

And if the gods are listening: wouldn't it be nice if
org-decrypt-entries (plural) only asked for your passphrase once for a
whole buffer, when multiple individual entries were encrypted with the
same key? Would that be possible?