[Orgmode] Re: org-reveal (gpg crypt) and auto saving

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-reveal (gpg crypt) and auto saving
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:48:58 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 10 2010, Richard Riley wrote:
>
>> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> It is. It shouldnt have to ask you at all in fact.
>>>
>>> gpg-agent.
>>>

>> I forgot to add : org-crypt-key.
>
> Yeah, I've got this much set up, but something is borken with the agent
> and I've never bothered fixing it (still get a minibuffer prompt). If
> that would solve this problem, then that's motivation!

The following *might* help

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/keychain-environment.el

The emacs Keychain package correctly read the running agent "token" or
"cookie" and doesnt rely on env values.

Other things to consider are the contents of ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf.

For me:-

,----
| pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-gtk-2
| no-grab
| default-cache-ttl       3942000
| max-cache-ttl           3942000
`----

Now, an interesting thing .. I am pretty damn sure I had a line
"use-agent" in my gpg.conf. Its not there now. Instead is a comment from
seahorse. Gah. Debian gpg key handling remains a mystery ... There seems
about a gazillion packages or approaches to dealing with this.