[Orgmode] MobileOrg Android 0.4.1 - Initial support for Dropbox and SDCa

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: [Orgmode] MobileOrg Android 0.4.1 - Initial support for Dropbox and SDCard Synchronization
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:33:23 -0400

Hey folks, I've released MobileOrg 0.4.1 to the Market (find the link here: http://wiki.github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/)

The one big change here is that MobileOrg now supports synchronizing files that are stored locally on the sdcard (instead of requiring a connection to a webdav server).  This should also support, at least initially, those of you who would like to use Dropbox.

Here is an example Dropbox workflow:

* You've pushed your files into a directory called org/ on your Dropbox share
* With the Dropbox Android client you download your org files (with the defaults, this would download the files to /sdcard/dropbox/org/)
* Open MobileOrg and in the Settings screen select the SDCard Synchronizer, then click on the "Configure Synchronizer Settings" option and enter the path to the index.org file (in this example: /sdcard/dropbox/org/index.org)

Capturing notes will create a file 'mobileorg.org' in that same directory for pushing back into emacs

If you just have your emacs configuration push to your sdcard when you have it mounted then it is even easier, though you'll need to remember to unmount the sdcard from your computer before synchronizing.

Right now you have to manually type in the path to the index.org file.  There is a way to integrate starting an external file browser (such as Root Explorer or OI File Manager) that I will integrate into the next version, but I wanted to give you folks this feature as early as possible.

I'm still working to integrate the Dropbox API into the application, but it is a little more involved and requires that they review the application before I can deploy it.   This would make the Dropbox workflow a lot easier but I'm still working on integrating this.

73,
Matthew W. Jones (KI4ZIB)
http://matburt.net