Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org, org-plot, and babel+gnuplot on Windows

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org, org-plot, and babel+gnuplot on Windows
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:46:31 -0400

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
>> 1) Babel relies on gnuplot-mode for session based evaluation
>> 2) gnuplot-mode does not work on windows
>>
>> Which results in the need to add a ":session none" header argument on
>> windows to avoid session based evaluation.
>
> I thought that =:session none= was the default. See
> http://orgmode.org/manual/session.html#session.
>
> So, writing nothing is OK, or do you really need to *explicitly* dismiss the
> session?

Hi Seb,

You are correct that =:session none= is the global default, however
header arguments can be specified on the global, language, file,
headline, and code block scale, and it so happens that =:session= is
specified in `org-babel-default-header-args:gnuplot' on the language
level for gnuplot.  This could undone with something like the following.

(setq org-babel-default-header-args:gnuplot
      '((:results . "file")
        (:exports . "results")))

Best -- Eric