[Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7.01trans]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:34:45 -0400

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

"Andrew J. Korty" <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

>> * TODO Review really important document
>>   DEADLINE: <2010-10-31 Sun -2m>
>> * TODO Review less important document
>>   DEADLINE: <2010-10-31 Sun>
>>
>> Let's assume the following settings:

>> (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'far
>>       org-deadline-warning-days 14)
>>
>> With these settings, the first task would show up *today* both in your
>> agenda and in your TODO list, while the second task would appear in both
>> places two weeks before the deadline.
>
> Right, but what I want is for the second task to appear in the todo
> list even before two weeks before the deadline, and I don't want it to
> appear in the agenda until two weeks before the deadline. In other
> words, I always want to see tasks I can do now in my todo lists,
> whereas I only want to see tasks that are due soon in the agenda.
> Lengthening the lead time won't help because it unnecessarily shows
> tasks in the agenda that aren't due soon.
>
> But maybe my usage is not an intended one.

Oops. I misunderstood your request.

What you are describing is org-mode's default behavior---i.e., to show
all todos with deadlines in the todo list, but only to show deadlines in
the agenda when they are within org-deadline-warning days.

To ensure this behavior, you'll want to make sure that
org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines is set to nil (the default). All todos
with deadlines will then appear in your todo list.

True, but then we're back to the problem with the driver's license renewal.

ajk