[Orgmode] Re: Mediawiki and org-mode

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Mediawiki and org-mode
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:33:37 +0100

> On Sep 20, 2010, at 10:24 AM, Bastien wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have improved the experimental export engine I've been promising for
>> way too long.  It lives in the EXPERIMENTAL/ directory of the git
>> repo:
>>

>> http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git/blob/b63f5333e7bbab900b134584d07e158aeba14844:/EXPERIMENTAL/org-export.el

Hi Bastien,

This looks really nice.

This is a slightly cosmetic issue, but would it make sense to separate
the parsing functions from the strictly export-related stuff? (e.g. put
them in org.el or a library of their own org-parse.el). They look useful
in situations outside export, and it would be nice if there were one
"official" method for parsing an org buffer into a lisp
representation. But perhaps it would hurt the new exporter to demand
that the parsing code is general-purpose?

dan