Re: [Orgmode] Re: orgmode as a reference system: Storing private/sensiti

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: orgmode as a reference system: Storing private/sensitive information and syncing across devices.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 01:15:28 +0200

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:
> Hmm, never heard about it :)
>
> But I assume that -- at least in terms of network security -- having
> the WebDav server below a HTTPS layer is enough. This would at least
> put a layer of security for when I'm syncing between devices (in this
> case OSX<->WebDav<->MobileOrg). I know, however, there might be other
> holes or someone might even me able to just sit in front of my
> computer and fiddle through the org text files, so that might be a
> good use-case for org-crypt.

Hi Marcelo,

unencrypted data is _not_ secure.

Encrypt your data and you'll have a chance to lock your bank account
card just in time, once your iPod gets lost (or stolen).

(Is it necessary to carry sensitive data around on your iPod??? Can't
believe it...)

As you might have guessed, I'm one of those "more neurotic" persons.
And more and more people join us --- to late in many cases.  Encryption
is cheep.  Unencrypted data can be expensive.

   Sebastian