[Orgmode] Re: *.org files showing up as "exec" files in Snow Leopard

From: Erik L. Arneson
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: *.org files showing up as "exec" files in Snow Leopard
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:56:43 -0600

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Graham Smith wrote:
> I'm not sure how important this is, but having just upgraded to Snow
> Leopard, all my *.org files are now black with a green "exec" in the
> corner and trying to open them is giving a message that they is no
> application t view them and would I like to open a hex editor.
>
> More of a Mac problem than an Orgmode one, but has anyone come across
> this and know how to fix it?

Do they have their executable bits set?  What does 'file' report?

Also, try looking at the files in Finder.  Right click (or Cmd-I) on an
.org file and make sure everything there looks correct.  You can even
tell it which application to open that particular file with (the "Open
with" dialog).

--
Erik Arneson <address@hidden>
  GPG Key ID : 1024D/62DA1D25   BitCoin : 1LqvuGUqJ4ZUSoE7YE9ngETjwp4yZ2uSdP