Re: [Orgmode] ditaa set-up on windows box

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ditaa set-up on windows box
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:50:57 -0500

Interesting. I use Linux but have a Win XP box at work and set up Org-mode for a co-worker so that I would know how to set it up on Windows for him. I didn't have any trouble, actually.

I just put:
(setq org-ditaa-jar-path "C:/Program Files/emacs23/org.git/contrib/scripts/ditaa.jar")

and

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((ditaa . t)))

in init.el and all worked fine. One thing you might try is running ditaa right from the command line. I haven't done this on Windows, but the Linux command would be:

Make the file "ditaa.txt" and copy this into it (from http://ditaa.sourceforge.net/):
    +--------+   +-------+    +-------+
    |        | --+ ditaa +--> |       |
    |  Text  |   +-------+    |diagram|
    |Document|   |!magic!|    |       |
        |       Lots of work      |

Save the file and run "java -jar /path/to/ditaa.jar ditaa.txt" and see what happens.

If it works, something's goofed with the org-mode setup. If it doesn't work, something else is goofy.

Sorry I can't help more!
John