[Orgmode] Re: [PROPOSAL] Quick and easy installation instructions

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [PROPOSAL] Quick and easy installation instructions
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:23:27 +0200

Rémi Vanicat <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You have no idea how pleased I am to hear you say that ... I sometimes
>> wondered if I should go back to notepad ;) When asking the #emacs irc it
>> seemed I was the only one in the world that constantly had issues. Of
>> course mentioning "Debian" immediately saw me get the "oh debian" cold
>> shoulder ... ;) LOL.
>
> On Debian you should use update-info-dir ( as in
> $ update-info-dir /path/to/infos
> to generate the dir file. (This may work on others distribution too, I
> don't know if it is a Debian specific tools)
> [...]

Yes, I knew about that and thing I submitted an update for the makefile
yonks ago to use just that. The issue seemed to be with multiple dirs
and then emacs having its own info file paths. I need to get back to building
my own emacs on debian and see what happens to be more explicit - I just
know that I, and from #emacs, others ended up in a kind of pickle.