Re: [Orgmode] Re: FLOSS Weekly show about Org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: FLOSS Weekly show about Org-mode
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:53:35 +0200

On Sep 27, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Christian Egli wrote:

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

I wanted to mention how great it would be to have an org-mode
conference.

If many people support this idea, this is how we could do it:

1. list ideas of things we would do there

Meet and talk about org-mode :-)

2. find out what would be the best location/date

We could probably get a developer room at next years FOSDEM[1]. They
provide rooms where projects can organize their own schedule, made of
presentations, brainstorming and hacking sessions. You have to apply[2]
for such a developer room as they always receive more requests than
they can host.

Also of course Carsten would make for a good main track speaker[3].

3. figure out how much money does it requires

I don't know the details but I could imagine that this would not require
any money.

4. decide (or not) to go for it

Write the application and see if they'll give you a room :-). If there
is a room I'll come and do a presentation :-).

So - who will take the lead and write the application?  We'd
have to act soon.  Can we also have a show of hands how many people
would seriously consider to come to such a meeting?

Hmm, I'll make a separate thread for this.

- Carsten

Thanks
Christian

Footnotes: