[Orgmode] Re: ditaa set-up on windows box

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: ditaa set-up on windows box
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:48:25 +0200

Markus Heller <address@hidden> writes:
> The root of all evil is *NOT* org-mode, but rather the fact that my OS
> (windoze XP) insists on finding an outdated Java version (1.4).  I have
> installed the Java 1.6 runtime environment, and as far as I can tell, all
> my environment variables contain only pointers to this installation, yet
> java -version shows 1.4.2_03.

That should be fixable by removing the part of the %PATH% environment
variable that contains the 1.4.2 java executable.  Once you know where
that is, it should suggest itself which software is responsible for this.

> I just figured out that this old installation is connected to another
> piece of software, which is annoying as hell in itself.

You confirmed this or is this just a guess?  I'd run the "Software"
panel and check if the old JRE is still listed there, if yes that's a
way to do a clean uninstall.  If not you can still use the Java control
panel from the new JRE and disable the old one (it should find and list
all JRE on your computer if you let it do a search).  I don't think this
takes care of the %PATH%, which can most likely be (un)set from the
"System" control panel.

HTH,
Achim.