Re: [Orgmode] How do I convert org to OpenOffice?

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How do I convert org to OpenOffice?
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:40:16 +1000

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:33:32 -0400
Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:

> > In any case, without much supporting evidence[1], I'd say that if
> > you are trying to get to OpenOffice this way, the road is probably
> > paved with thorns.
> >
> > Nick
> >
> > [1] I just tried a simple org->latex->oo transformation on Ubuntu
> > 8.10, with the default tex4ht distribution for this platform that
> > synaptic gave me: I tried for a few minutes without success. But I
> > am a complete ignoramus as far as OO goes, so it may very well have
> > been my error.\
> >

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Charles Philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > I didn't take a look at the code, but mk4ht is written in perl:
> > >
> > > ,----
> > /usr/share/texmf/bin/noarch/mk=
> > > 4ht -> ../../../../share/texmf/scripts/tex4ht/mk4ht.pl
> > > `----
> > >

> > Oh, OK, I stand corrected: there is *one* Perl file in there. The
> > rest is as I described it, except that there's also a ton of shell
> > scripts. This in particular is perhaps a little worrisome for Win32,
> > unless one is running cygwin. Not sure whether Vitton's notes
> > address this.
> >
> > In any case, without much supporting evidence[1], I'd say that if
> > you are trying to get to OpenOffice this way, the road is probably
> > paved with thorns.
> >
> > Nick

<SNIP>

There was a thread on this a while back. One of the suggestions
was to export to XHTML. Edit the XHTML file by chopping off the initial
declaration, then import into OO. I have found that Abiword will import
directly the XHTML file w/o editing.

I have found that this works well with simple documents. Don't know
about complex things.

tex4ht contains a script, oolatex, that directly converts the tex file
to OO. At least on my Debian system, it is not in the execution path by
default.

HTH,
Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206