Re: [Orgmode] non-frame text in beamer export

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] non-frame text in beamer export
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 01:41:20 +0200

Neil Hepburn <address@hidden> writes:
> Greetings
>
> I have recently started using org-mode to generate Beamer
> presentations for lecture notes. I always create lecture note
> printouts for my students using the beamerarticle package. I like to
> put additional explanatory material into these notes that don't show
> up on the slide show. The way I do this is to put the extra material
> outside of a frame environment and then use the option
> [ignorenonframetext] in the latex header, i.e.,
> \documentclass[ignorenonframetext]{beamer}
>
> Is there a way to add extra material in an org file that it won't get
> put into a frame environment when I export the file?

I never tried the beamer package.  But there is a workaround.  There are
the export options based on tags:

  #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
  #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport

You could just use the second one and toggle as needed:

 --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: ignore

* This will be exported

**  This here not          :ignore:
    This section is not exported because of the ignore tag.

To create the print version, comment out the exclude tags line:

#  #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: ignore

* This will be exported

**  This here not          :ignore:
    This section _is_ exported in spite of the ignore tag.

Does that work?

  Sebastian