Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode meetup at FOSDEM, February 2011. Who would come?

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode meetup at FOSDEM, February 2011. Who would come?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 07:46:17 -0400

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 4:38 AM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> tanks for starting this, it looks pretty good.

I also think we should add a section in the 'Comments' field of the
form that says why we think Org-mode should get a devroom (or at least
a portion of one).  It may be helpful to identify approximately how
many users are on the mailing list, downloads/month, as well as note
that it is included in Emacs so there may be many more.  Whoever fills
out the form on the website should probably get this information from
Carsten before submitting.

> Still we need someone who says "I will organize this".
> Who will do that?

If no one else volunteers, I will.

> Most importantly, we need to know if any money is
> involved, including registration fees.

I've looked through the website quite a bit, and it is free for all
participants.  The only additional costs will be hotel accommodations,
food, and possibly parking/transportation to get there.  It sounds
like breakfast and lunch can be purchased on-site, but dinner would be
on your own.

Perhaps the organizer could find a good place meet for dinner for
those who don't have other plans.

We need to have the entry form submitted prior to October 16, but the
earlier the better is my opinion.  On October 23 they announce who was
accepted, at which point we should begin formalizing plans for talks,
participants, etc.

-Richard