[Orgmode] Re: Testing --- again...

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Testing --- again...
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:48:34 -0400

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> So, I've been using the framework in the combined-testing branch this
> morning writing tests to strap down my daily Babel bug fixes, and I'm
> really liking ERT.
>
> I wonder, can we commit to the combined-testing branch, and if so could
> we fold it into the master branch?  It would make my test driven bug
> fixing a much smoother process, and would remove the need to rebase the
> combined-testing branch against master and "git push -f" the changes up
> to repo.or.cz which just feels wrong.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Eric and Sebastian,

There's no technical reason that you need to rebase the combined-testing
branch -- there is nothing wrong with making small commits and merging
master into it to fix any conflicts -- eventually when it gets merged
back to master the history will stay intact.

I personally only rebase local work that hasn't been published.  As soon
as the combined-testing branch is useful and public I think it should no
longer be rebased.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands dirty in this testing
stuff for the clocking functions (since I seem to break those a lot :-P)

Thanks for all of your efforts so far and please keep up the great work!

Regards,
Bernt