Re: [Orgmode] Re: arranging and publishing music with Org-mode and lilyp

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: arranging and publishing music with Org-mode and lilypond
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:14:02 +0200

On 10/5/10 10:38 PM, Shelagh Manton wrote:

I have had an ob-LilyPond on my list of things to do for quite a while
now. If I have the next few days off, I will seriously look into it.
But post integration with LilyPond-book is probably more than I would be
able to handle in the short term.

Great!

Actually, forget my last message; I hadn't thought this through at all. An ob-lilypond should allow us to dispense with lilypond-book.

#+begin_src lilypond :exports results :file song1.png
\relative c' { c d e f g a b c }
#+end_src

- no post-processing needed. But for the purposes I outlined, it would be important to use these tricks in export:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Alternate-methods-of-mixing-text-and-music#Alternate-methods-of-mixing-text-and-music

Yours,
Christian