Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bibtex and latex export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bibtex and latex export
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:40:12 +0200

On Oct 6, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:30:30 +0200, Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden > wrote:

Hi Rafael and Erik,

Erik Iverson wrote:
Rafael Calsaverini wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to use org-mode to compose latex documents and I'm having a problem with bibtex. When I export to pdf with C-c C-e p, pdflatex runs and everything works gracefully with respect to the latex code (the output is even prettier than I used to have patience to do only with latex), but
bibtex isn't called.

I've just now looked into the org-latex.el file, and found:

(defcustom org-latex-to-pdf-process
 '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
   "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f")
 "Commands to process a LaTeX file to a PDF file.
[...]
Looks like you can just customize that variable, easy!

FYI, this should be fixed now.

Best regards,
 Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

Hello,

between yesterday and today, something changed that no longer allows
me to create PDFs from my org files, causing momentary panic as I
making the final changes to a lecture I had to give this morning --
luckily, latex export worked just fine.

Reading between the lines, I gather it is the change to
org-latex-to-pdf-process that has caused me problems.  The output I
get when the export takes place is:

,----
| /usr/bin/texi2dvi: Processing /home/ucecesf/.../file.tex ...
| egrep: Invalid range end
| /usr/bin/texi2dvi: cannot read .//home/ucecesf/.../file.tex, skipping.
`----

That is bad - I have no idea here.  Maybe a non-standard
version of egrep?  But I am really guessing here.

Lets see if this affects more people - for the time being you might just change the variable to have it make 2-3 pdflatex runs.

- Carsten

The current value of that variable is:

,----
| org-latex-to-pdf-process is a variable defined in `org-latex.el'.
| Its value is
| ("texi2dvi -p -b -c -V %f")
`----

I can obviously change back to the setting that was the default before
but I do like the idea of using texi2dvi.  Can anybody suggest what
may be wrong on my system or my configuration?

Thanks,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D