Re: [Orgmode] Feature request

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature request
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:21:05 +0200

On Oct 10, 2010, at 3:50 PM, David Abrahams wrote:

Hi All,

I have to reschedule quite a few items daily.  Often they're
yesterday's items that I need to reschedule for today.

 `C-c C-s . RET'

is a bit much typing for that, so I re-bound `S' to
org-agenda-schedule.  But

 `S . RET'

is still a bit much.  I'd like it if the default when rescheduling was
always for today, instead of the date the item is already scheduled
for, so I could

 `S RET'

in the usual case.  What about a customizable option to set the
default schedule-for date?

After giving this some thought, I don't this this can be done in a clear and non-confusing way. I do think it is necessary to somehow change the date relative to what the previously set date is. The only way to make this half way transparently is to show that date in the prompt as the default date.

There was lots of good advice to so what you want in different ways,
including not rescheduling, or using bulk actions in the agenda.

Finally, if you still want a fast command doing this:

(defun org-agenda-reschedule-to-today ()
  (interactive)
  (flet ((org-read-date (&rest rest) (current-time)))
    (call-interactively 'org-agenda-schedule)))

- Carsten