Re: [Orgmode] Feature request

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature request
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:18:53 -0400

At Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:21:05 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> After giving this some thought, I don't this this can be done in a
> clear and non-confusing way.

Thanks for spending so much time/energy considering it, despite the
fact that it would be incoherent with the rest of your interface!

> I do think it is necessary to somehow change the date relative to
> what the previously set date is.  The only way to make this half way
> transparently is to show that date in the prompt as the default
> date.

Okay.

> There was lots of good advice to so what you want in different ways,
> including not rescheduling, or using bulk actions in the agenda.

You know, I have `f' and `b' bound to org-agenda-date-later/-earlier,
and that would be perfectly adequate for me, *if* I got appropriate
visual feedback.  The problem is the red "S2" or "S3" I'm looking at
doesn't change on the fly when I reschedule.  And it's hard to train
myself not to hit `f' twice when I see S2 :-)

> Finally, if you still want a fast command doing this:
>
> (defun org-agenda-reschedule-to-today ()
>    (interactive)
>    (flet ((org-read-date (&rest rest) (current-time)))
>      (call-interactively 'org-agenda-schedule)))

That's a good idea. I don't think I need etags in my agenda buffer, so
`M-.' works.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing