Re: [Orgmode] Re: [WIP] OpenOffice Exporter

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [WIP] OpenOffice Exporter
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:56:13 +0530

Hi Giovanni

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:

> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>

> Hi Jambunathan,
>>
>>> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>> Do you use this converter personally? What are your observations?
> Actually, I don't use the org-DocBook exporter since I mainly work under
> windows.
>>
>> The entries in the issue tracker seem to be anywhere between 3-7 years
>> old. The converter is quite stable I suppose.
>
> I think so.
> Moreover Baoqiu is active in this list and he's *extremely responsive*,
> when it comes to bugs in the exporter he wrote.
>
> Please, see his last (I think) email: Fri, 14 May 2010 21:01:07 -0700
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-05/msg00452.html

I am aware of the Org->Docbook bridge. I have been in this list for a
while now (8+ months). I keep track of discussions that take place on a
day to day basis.

To avoid any confusion, the queries in my original post were related to
the Docbook->Openoffice bridge that you linked to and not to the
Org->Docbook bridge.

Docbook->Openoffice in this case or the second converter in the chain
(in general) seem to be a vital component in the whole scheme of things
as it stands today.

> I invite you to try the docBook, and submit bug reports if any...
> also not to reinvent the wheel ;-)

Nothing is going to dissuade from putting an effort.

Jambunathan K.