Re: [Orgmode] bug? scheduled keyword inside org items.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug? scheduled keyword inside org items.
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:24:18 +0200

On Oct 11, 2010, at 11:10 PM, Richard Riley wrote:

Juan Pechiar <address@hidden> writes:

I'd imagine enclosing the email text in a #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE block would
make sense (semantically) and also avoid interpretation of SCHEDULED
keyword.

That does make sense. I need to look into my template then for
journaling email.

But even using #+BEGIN_COMMENT block, timestamps and SCHEDULED are
found by the agenda.

That doesn't sound good. Should it?

No, it should not.  But it is costly to parse for all these
special places, and in order to keep the agenda reasonably fast,
this is one of the compromises.
I guess such a case is not very frequent, and I usually work around them by inserting a space between the opening angular bracket and the time stamp:

#+begin_example
,* test
   SCHEDULED: < 2010-10-10 Sun>
#+end_example

That successfully breaks the timestamp parser, but still
conveys reasonably well what is meant.

- Carsten

A workaround for your problem can be setting those timestamps as
inactive.

Regards,
.j.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 06:18:06PM +0200, Richard Riley wrote:
I had stored a post here in my todo life as follows

,----

| * my org item
|
| Subject: Re: Recurring scheduled items appearing in schedule
| From: Bernt Hansen <address@hidden>
| To: Dustin Hoffman <address@hidden>
| Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 20:16:52 -0400
|
| Dustin Hoffman <address@hidden> writes:
|
| > I have scheduled reminders for things that occur weekly over a period | > of months. The problem is, that each of these scheduled items appears | > under the current day in the agenda view and the multiplier (eg 6x,
| > 5x) keeps going up.
| >
| > What I want is each of these scheduled items to appear only on the
| > days that they occur in the agenda view.
| >
| > Here is an example of an org file with a schedule in it.
| >
| >  * Class Times
| > ** Class
| >    SCHEDULED: <2010-09-28 Tue 12:30-13:48 +1w>
| > ** Class
| >    SCHEDULED: <2010-09-23 Thu 12:30-13:48 +1w>

`----

The SCHEDULED items inside the quoted text are appearing in my agenda.

Bug, as expected or can I stop that?

--
http://www.shamrockirishbar.com, http://splash-of-open-sauce.blogspot.co m/ http://www.richardriley.net