Re: [Orgmode] org-mobile-use-encryption

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mobile-use-encryption
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:40:00 +0200

On Oct 13, 2010, at 4:02 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

Hi,

suggest to encrypt these kind of files by default. I.e. when org- mode starts action, user should be prompted for a password,
be warned and informed about encryption, get a choice though.

Maybe a non-encrypted test-mode may be added, so user may try it, but be warned not to store real data that way.

No, we are not going to do this.  We use openssl to do the encryption,
which may not be available on a system.  And the Android Version of
MobileOrg doe not yet support encryption.

I will be more verbal about security issues in the manual.

- Carsten