[Orgmode] Re: org-freemind.el and rx

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-freemind.el and rx
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:08:58 -0400

Michael Sperber <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Lennart,
>>
>> I am trying to keep org-mode also workable with XEmacs.  One problem
>> here is that XEmacs does not have rx.  Would you object if I replace
>> the rx macro calls with the string representations of the regular
>> expressions in org-freemind.el?
>>
>> Michael, an alternative would be to get rx ported to and included into
>> XEmacs.  Is anything like this in the works, or would you like to look
>> into this?
>
> I think the solution is to do rx (I sure hate textual regexps) - which
> is on my list, but will likely be a while.

I took a quick look, and it's failing byte-compilation because in
rx-any-condense-range:

(defun rx-any-condense-range (args)
  "Condense by side effect ARGS as range for Rx `any'."
  (let (str
        l)
    ;; set STR list of all strings
    ;; set L list of all ranges
    (mapc (lambda (e) (cond ((stringp e) (push e str))
                            ((numberp e) (push (cons e e) l))
                            (t (push e l))))
          args)
    ;; condense overlapped ranges in L
    (let ((tail (setq l (sort l #'car-less-than-car)))
          d)

'car-less-than-car is signalling
  apply(debug error (wrong-type-argument listp ?\[))

l is (?\" ?\[) at this point, and I don't think you can call #'car on
either of those 2 elements. Either this code meant to use #'<, or the (t
(push e l)) is wrong, or we've discovered another difference between GNU
Emacs and XEmacs :)

Regards

Robert